CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

POSITIVE EXPERIENCE

One positive experience I have with a teacher at Hirsch was with my ROTC instructor. Being in ROTC has already been a great experience for me but my favorite instructor SGT BARDNEY made it even better. I remember coming in to his class as a freshman four years ago. He was so motivated he made me want to be involved in this program that I never thought would be for me. In SGT B class we have something called class leaders, SGT B always look for cadets that have leadership potential such as my self, so he gave me the power to control the class as class leader. As the class leader we work side by side with your instructor which is when I really got the opportunity to know SGT B he always challenging me to take on difficult tasks in side and out side the class. One I remember recently was being the commander for the city wide color guard competition. Taking on this challenge was easy for me but I learned something from it which was always be confident and stay motivated because my team members count on me to be strong and in control to lead them to victory. I Also learned how to give up my position and let someone else take charge because this is my last year in at Hirsch so I have to kind of give up my leadership powers and give them to someone else because I want always be here. SGT B helps me get through this by letting my stand bye rather then participate and be involved in everything. This is okay with me NOW.

0 comments: